Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
The Johnson & Wales University (Fla.) student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee comprised of student-athletes who provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on campus. Members of our campus SAAC have the opportunity to offer input on issues affecting student-athletes at our institution; furthermore, members have the opportunity to offer input on issues which may be in the national scope.
The JWU SAAC is comprised of at least two representatives from each of the Wildcat's 11 intercollegiate teams who then elect an executive board. Members meet once a month with athletic department administrators and other campus constituencies.
Function of the JWU Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC):
1. Promote communication between athletic administration and student-athletes
2. Provide feedback and insight into athletic department issues
3. Generate a student-athlete voice with the athletic department’s formulation of campus policies
4. Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletic teams
5. Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NAIA legislation
6. Organize community service efforts
7. Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus
8. Advise upon and assist in planning events and other initiatives for student-athletes
The 2019-20 SAAC Advisor is Paul Dodson (sports information director and coordinator of athletic facilities & operations) - firstname.lastname@example.org (305-392-7607)